Wednesday, June 01, 2005

CNN's 25th Anniversary

I just happened to catch a little of CNN's 25th anniversary special while I was at the gym tonight and Anderson Cooper played tape of an interview with Ted Turner and he was asked what the inspiration was to take CNN international. Ted said something to the effect of it was really Fidel Castro's idea. He was picking up CNN's signal from Florida and during a lunch or something they had Fidel suggested Ted broadcast in other countries because it had become indespensible to him.

I knew Ted loved the UN (I mean if he wanted to waste a billion dollars I could have been very helpful in that regard) but meetings with Castro? His wife a former Vietcong cheerleader?

Let's have a show of hands. Who still thinks the media doesn't have a liberal bias?