Monday, June 12, 2006

Why does work have to get in the way of everything...

I've got way too much other fun stuff to do that work just continually keeps me from. I've obviously got the blog; I could always use more time to post stuff here. Then of course there's streaming radio through the computer; I get to listen to my favorite talk radio (Dennis and Hugh) everyday. I've usually got my iPod with me, so if the talk isn't very interesting, I can scroll through my 3000 songs and keep myself entertained.

The new wrinkle in all of this is that I went by one of my coworkers desks last week and I saw he had the Padre/Brewer game playing in the lower right corner of his screen. I was amazed. He had purchased a month's pass to mlb.tv where he can watch any baseball game live around the country. I think I started drooling...

He gave me his pass, and I offered to split the fees for the rest of the year, so between myself and two other coworkers, it will cost me $20 for every game for the rest of the year.

So now I've got talk radio streaming, the baseball game playing (on mute), and my iPod right there if there's a lull. The only thing that slows any of this down is work....