Wednesday, July 05, 2006

This week in fantasy baseball

Public Figures Beware has the honor of hosting this weeks round up of Mot Wing Conspiracy Fantasy Baseball. And it was another heartbreaker for me...

The PAW's: 7
Wookies Will Win: 5


If Chewbacca doesn't make any sense, the PAWs must win. Indeed. The PAWs won the pitching 4 -2 and the batting was a 3 - 3 tie. Johhny Cochran is dead, though.

MVP: Chipper Jones 3HR, 8 RBI, 4 Runs and a .500 BA. I hate Chipper Jones.
Sucker: Rickie Weeks fanned 10 times and batted .111. Drop. Him.


We were neck and neck throughout the week, and I just couldn't quite get enough on Sunday to pull me through. Chipper was certainly the MVP for me for the week (and as a side note, who doesn't like Chipper Jones? He's awesome!) And while Ricky Weeks had a really crappy week, I think my pitching staff was the real Dud of the week. I had five pitchers with ERAs over 5.00 and tow of those had ERAs over 10.00. PAWs posted a total ERA of 5.18 and I couldn't beat that. That's sad.