Tuesday, January 31, 2006

One live-blogged note on the State of the Union

I swear to friggin' God! I just saw Hillary Clinton shake her head and roll her eyes when Bush mentioned the terrorist surveillance program! Someone please tell me I'm not crazy!!

He said terrorists made international calls right before 9/11 and that we won't let ourselves be attacked again, and the not-so-distinguished Senator from New York shook her head and slightly rolled her eyes while everyone else applauded. She decidedly did not clap.

I can't believe it!

UPDATE: It was the NBC broadcast that cut to her in the audience, if anyone else was watching.
UPDATE 2: Well her not clapping wasn't that big an issue... most of the Democrats didn't clap. Oh, unless it was when they appluading themselves (*cough* Social Security *cough*) for keeping the president from making strides to achieve his agenda.

UPDATE 3: Here's the transcript of the SOTU speech.

UPDATE 4: She looked kinda like this... (via Ace)