Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Hot Wing Conspiracy week 10 Fantasy Baseball round up

Here's the weekly results from the wonderful world of fantasy baseball. Public Figures Beware is hosting this week's play by play of the action. Here's how I fared...

webcats: 5
Wookies Will Win: 5
Wookies Will Tie, I suppose. The batting categories were split 3 - 3, but the Wookies hit 14 HR for the week (you would too if you were a Wookie). The picthing categories, therefore, went 2 - 2 - 2.
MVP - Two MVp's this week. Raul Ibanez of the Mariners playing for the webcats. 3 HR, 10 RBI, 5 Runs, 1 stolen base and a .357 BA. Also, Carlos Delgado of the of the Mets, playing for the Wookies. 3 HR, 11 RBI, 6 Runs and a .391 BA. If I had to get techinical, I'd take Delgado as the MVP of the MVPs.
Goat - David Weathers of the Reds, playing for the webcats. A 12.00 ERA. That's it. Well done, Dave. Have fun in the minors, next year.


Yep. Another damn tie. Since Pujols went down, I've got a record of 0-1-2. Not good people, not good. Delgado was definitely the MVP for the week for my team although Bob Wickman gets a game ball. I was losing (yet again) 6 to 5 going into the final day. Wickman's save on Sunday pushed me into a tie in that category, resulting in the tie for the week overall. He saved my ass there...

For Webcats, Ibanez may have put up the big power numbers for the week, but since I won those categories, I'd give his MVP to Joe Mauer who hit a scorching .625 with 2 SB's and only 1K. Webcats ended up winning those three categories keeping the offensive stats in an even tie.

As it happens Joe Mauer's on my team in my family league, so he was a big help for me there. Even though I won that matchup 8-2, it was a lot closer than the score suggests. I only won categories by 2's and 3's here, so his .625 average, 8 runs, and 4 RBI's were critical.

For past recaps...
Week 9 Recap
Week 8 Recap
Week 7 Recap
Week 6 Recap
Week 5 Recap
Week 4 Recap
Week 3 Recap
Week 2 Recap
Week 1 Recap