Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Fantasy Baseball time!

GOP and College stole the recap from my this week, since he was playing his brother, GOP and the City, and wanted to publicly humiliate him.

Wookies Will Win - 11
Gashouse Gorillas - 1

Poor Wyatt. John went to town this week against him, and this time, Goliath kicked David's ass. With this monster win Wookies hold a 4 game lead over the second place Cardinals, and 7.5 games over the third place cats. At least Wyatt can slap the runners around the bases. He won in RBI's to keep from getting skunked.
Game MVP: Carlos Delgado - 3 Home Runs, 8 RBI's, and 5 times across the plate.
Game Wash-Out: Tom Gordon - Being a closer with a week's ERA of 12.00 is not a good thing. He was lucky to get 2 saves.


11 to 1 baby! Talk about a spanking! Truth be told though I really didn't do all that well... The Gorillas just did much worse than I did. I only had 6 HRs, 26 runs, 20 RBIs, batting avg of .277, ERA at 4.00... Against another team I might have lost. Fortunately, two of Gorillas starters had ERAs over 14.00 and his team only batted .265. Otherwise I'd have gotten screwed. This week I'm playing the #2 team, Columbia Cardinals. As of now I'm leading 9-2, but that can vanish quickly, he's got a good pitching staff...

I'll have next week's recap, so y'all better come back then and check it out.