Thursday, April 14, 2005

Bad things happen in threes

OK, I know that when life gives you lemons you're supposed to make lemonade, but this is friggin ridiculous.

Back at the beginning of the month the fetching Mrs. Wookie was in a minor car accident on the freeway. No one was hurt, a fairly minor incident actually, but you've still got all the hassles that go with an accident: car rental, insurance, police reports.

Then I go and total my car a week later when I get rearended on the freeway. I had to go get the x-rays and miss work and take pain meds, so it was a very slow and sore week for me. I'll get those pics scanned in soon, so you can see my poor little Saturn.

And to top it off, I start back at work yesterday after the accident and when I get back to my apartment, and there are 5 maintenance guys in there drying my carpet because at some point there was a river of water flowing from the bathroom out my front door after a pipe burst in the floor.

Perfect. So my carpet in ruined, my dog is scared stiff, and I'm praying that no furniture gets ruined by all this.

That lemon cliche is stupid. "Shit happens" is probably more appropriate.