Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Man a lot changes when you haven't posted anything for a week or so...

It's incredible. The Gulf Coast gets obliterated, New Orleans is still underwater, Kanye West let's fly with his brilliant opinion that Dubya hates black people (Michelle Malkin has the goods), and then Chief Justice Renquist dies.

So before I go waxing on about how hard moving sucks (and man does it suck), I hope everyone has donated to the Red Cross, Feed the Children, Soldier's Angels or something to to help the victims of hurricane Katrina. I mean Sri Lanka sent money, so that we can't afford it excuse won't fly.

So now begins the tirade...

I haven't posted in a while because, one, work has been absolutely crazy, and two, the fetching Mrs. Wookie and I are in the process of moving. We're moving out into the inland empire near her family. For those familiar with the area it used o be the "909" but has recently upgraded to the "951." Now it started off well enough; we were proactive got a good headstart packing up the barware, plates, linens and stuff, but then we petered out a bit. By the time midnight rolled around on Thursday and then most of the time on Saturday and Sunday we were just throwing crap in boxes, slapping on some tape, and tossing it in the back of my truck. We stopped labelling everything as well, so those boxes will be like Christmas presents when we open them.

So Thursday rolls around. We rented the big U-Haul and wanted to get a move on for the long weekend to beat traffic and what not. I tried to enlist anybody I could to help with the move and ended up getting two, my cousin Larry and our neighbor Wes helped load and on the other end brother-in-law Doug helped unload. And those guys were godsends. I'd still be moving crap if they hadn't come by. And even with them I still needed two more trips with my truck and the fetching Mrs. Wookie's minivan. That was 1,000 miles driven for those of you keeping score at home.

On top of all the moving there's cleaning the apartment, and we had the bright idea when we moved in or painting a few walls, so we had to repaint to the generic "apartment off-white." It was a great idea at the time, and we really enjoyed the red wall in the bedroom, but repainting it was a bummer. Those Home Depot color matching guys are awesome.

So I'm tired, sore, a little cranky and we're living with the In-laws for the time being while we look to BUY A HOUSE, actually own property, a piece of land. Dear God... It'll be beautiful.

So watch out for sporadic blogging as work allows and as I'll be competing for computer time with family.