Friday, March 17, 2006

Heart failure, day 2. The NCAA Tourney continues...

Iowa, you're killing me. I was this close to picking you to beat West Virginia in the 2nd Round. Thank God I didn't since the Mountaineers pounded Southern Illinois. Then Wisconsin went and decided not to show up to play Arizona. Fortunately neither of those losses kill the rest of my bracket. I've lost 2 Sweet 16 picks thus far (Syracuse and Seton Hall), and all my Elite 8 are still in the Tourney for now.

Funny... I just went back and double-checked my picks from the Wookie family pool that I'm in, and I had picked Arizona over Wisconsin. So I'm now glad Wisconsin didn't show up, and I'm not doing as horrificly with this bracket as I initially thought. 7 for 8 so far today (assuming Villanova and Memphis keep the big leads they have in the final few minutes of their games).

Much better than yesterday. Yesterday, I finished the day at 9 for 16 (ouch). So I've downgraded my initial diagnosis of heart attack to a mild arythmia...

Still, there are 8 games left... I could really use an 8 for 8 tonight...