Tuesday, May 09, 2006

It's Fantasy Baseball time!

I'm sure most of you could care less, but I'm putting it up anyway.

In the bloggers' Hot Wing Conspiracy league, I came home victorious once again. I was playing against Fmragtops so it wasn't a huge challenge, but I did what I could to keep it close for him. GOP and College has the roundup of last week's action...

fmragtops' spewers: 3
Wookies Will Win: 7

As if this wasn't expected. At least Wookies let FM have some in the wins column. Pretty much a win on both sides of the field for Wookies.
Game MVP: Tom Gordon (Closer) - 4 games, 4 innings, 0 Hits, 0 Walks, 0 Runs, 4 Saves. In 15 games he has 14.2 innings, 4 hits, and only one run. He also has 10 saves.
Game Wash-out: Ervin Santana - 4.0 Innings, 9 hits, 4 walks and 6 runs making for an ERA of 13.5, and a WHIP of 3.25.
FM tried to take on my pitching staff by rotating in as many pitchers as his roster could hold. I seriously think he had 15 pitchers on his roster... He took Wins (beat me 8-6, I gave him a run at least) and Holds (beat me 4-0. This is the dumbest stat ever), but I took the other 4 categories with a sparkling ERA (2.71) and WHIP (0.95). Batting was a more even match that I won 3-1-2 ties. My guys were all over the basepaths with 8 steals. I like GOP and College's MVP pick, Tom Gordon, and I give a runner up nod to Carlos Delgado and Albert Pujols who combined for 4 HRs, 11 RBIs, and 7 runs. You can't stop Pujols... you can only hope to contain him.

For previous results...
Week 1: GOP and College
Week 2: Cake or Death
Week 3: Fmragtops
Week 4: GOP and the City
Week 5: GOP and College

My family league, The Dorks, didn't go as well... I choked over the weekend and ended up losing 5-3. I kept it close but my cousin's offense took over (he won 3-1-1) and we split the pitching stats(2-2-1). David Ortiz, Adam Dunn, and Jimmy Rollins on his team got the edge over my best Jim Thome and Travis Hafner. But talk about a great week... Hafner hit 4 HRs, 13 RBIs, 7 runs, and batted .320. That's smokin' hot... too bad I didn't get help from anyone else on my team...