Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Hot Wing Conspiracy: Week 11 fantasy baseball roundup

It's that time of week again, and I'm happy to say that I managed to end the week victorious! Fmragtops has the full summary; here's his take...

The Rightwing Nuts - 3
Wookies Will Win - 8


Wookies rolled through screamin’ “I’m da Juggernaut B*tch!” Can anyone stop this fantasy juggernaut? Is there anyone that can keep the Wookies from winning the whole thing? Wookies must be on the juice! Seriously though, the individual categories weren’t that bad, but Wookies won 8 out of 12 with one tie.

MVP - Alex Rios scored 6 runs, 3 HRs, 4 RBIs, 2 SBs, and only struck out twice.

Goat - Albert Pujols for being a sissy on the DL. Okay, I have Pujols envy, so sue me!


While I'd love to sit here and say that I spanked the crap out of the Right Wing Nuts, we were actually tied going into the final Sunday. Clutch HRs from Dye and Nevin gave me enough of an edge in the offensive stats to take 5 of 6 there. The Nuts put up a hell of a fight; I was just barely able to squeeze enough out of my team to get the win. This also puts me back into 1st place in the league after a brief stint in 2nd. The Wookies are back on top baby! Alex Rios is a great pick for MVP and I'll give a game ball to Jermaine Dye for helping secure the win. While scapegoating Pujols is fun for some the dud of the week has to go to Bob Wickman for his 0 saves, 1 K, and stellar 13.50 ERA. And he was on my team...

Unfortunately, my family league game didn't go as well. I got absolutely creamed 10-0. I couldn't even get a tie in a statistical category. It was just pitiful. The only categories I really put up fight for were HRs and Saves. I ended up losing both categories 9 to 7. Everything else was a blowout. It wasn't pretty. The MVP was David Wright who pounded me with 4 HRs and 11 RBIs. The dud of the week had to be Manny Ramirez who managed only 1 HR, 1 RBI, and a whopping .056 average. Ouch.