Thursday, July 27, 2006

It's official... I'm going to need to go buy some Barbies...

The fetching Mrs. Wookie and I are having a little girl!



We actually found out on Monday, but I've been too busy to put up a post on it, so I made sure today to make that the first thing I did today. So I've been getting the question about what I would prefer a boy or a girl, and my response is always I want a healthy baby, and the new sonograms really help put me at ease. This wasn't just a couple quick pics and we're done. It was a good 40 minutes of constant sonogramming that checked everything possible between the baby and the fetching Mrs. Wookie and everything came back excellent. You can even see her perfect little foot and five pefect little toes in one of the above sonograms.

Some of you may also recall some of the funny pregnant stories the fetching Mrs. Wookie and I have had (the psycho cereal and where's the bread episodes). Well there was another one last night, but this one was more of an unusual dinner combination...

I heard my wife moving around in the kitched last night after we got home from work. I went on in and she was making herself a couple poptarts. (An aside here... What constitutes one poptart? In my opinion one poptart is one pastry, but my wife is under the impression that one poptart is comprised of one package of poptart(s). See to me, that would be two poptarts. I only bring this up because we were debating this the other night when she asked for a late night poptart snack, and I brought her one poptart, one breakfast pastry. She immediately asked where's the onther one? She also wanted a glass of milk, that I hadn't heard her mention when I went to fetch the poptart, so I ended up going on a two minute rant like I was a barista at Starbucks... "Yes ma'am... of course ma'am... would you like a venti, grande, or tall milk? Should I steam that? What's your name?" Anyway, before I digress any further, can I get some clarification from the blogosphere on what actually constitutes one poptart?)

So she's making two poptarts and I ask if there isn't anything else she'd rather have for dinner. Her stomach is arguning with her brain and nothing really sounds good. As she says this she's putting some microwave popcorn in to cook along with her two poptarts. As she takes poptarts and popcorn and begins to eat dinner, she asks what I'm going to have. I'm thinking I might go for the leftover taco stuff that we've got in the fridge and she goes, "Ooh, that sounds good. I'll have one of those..."

I'm thinking tacos, popcorn, and poptarts... What kind of dinner combo is that?

Of course it's not pickles and ice cream, but I'm sure that's coming... She's been a big fan of deli pickles lately...