Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Fantasy baseball time and I can smell the playoffs

I clinched a playoff spot with a punishing win against GOP and the City. GOP and College has the full recap...

Wookies Will Win - 10
Robots Eat Babies - 1 (Tie in Saves)

Yoo know, it's fun to see my brother get beat, but not that bad. Wookies were pissed about losing to fmragtops last week, and it showed. I mean this one wasn't even really close. Wookies dominated most of the pitching stats, and killed with an ERA of only 3.36. Batting was all Wookies. With Chipper, Dye, and Delgado combining for 12 Home Runs, it's pretty easy to see why he's first. Also, wookies are locked for the playoffs.
Game MVP: Jermaine Dye - 8 times across the plate, 11 RBI's and 5 home runs with a .393 average.
Game Wash-Out: The Man - Ater a 10-1 win last week, being on vaccation this week vs. the number one team may have blown the Robot's chances at a playoff spot. At least he had fun though.


I've really got to say the big win was thanks in most part to a quick start last Tuesday. The Cards and Mets played and Pujols and Delgado combined for 4 HRs and 12 RBIs. In one game. That gave me a headstart and I never looked back. A game ball also go to John Smoltz who came through with 2 big wins that combined for an ERA of 0.56 and a WHIP of 0.44. Hopefully I can keep this momentum going; we've got this last week to tune up and then it's playoff time! If I can keep my 1st place ranking I get a bye in the first round, so there's no room to slack off.