Wednesday, October 13, 2004

If you can't laugh at this, then you just don't know funny

Trey Parker and Matt Stone are funny. South Park, Baseketball are funny. Are they over the top, kinda crass, bathroom humor? Sure. But you can always find another level of humor in the satire involved when they mock celebrities, politicians, political policies, activist groups, etc. I actually haven't watched Southpark in years, same for baseketball, and the previews for their new movie Team America don't instill me with an urgency to see the movie. But these reactions/reviews (via indcjournal) of the movie are probably funnier than the movie will be. My personal favorite is: "those guys [Parker & Stone] lost me years ago, when they trashed rain forest preservation & biodiversity. Call me touchy and humorless but I can't get any chuckles out of human caused mass extinction." OK, you're touchy and humorless. What can be more fun than ridiculing hippie tree huggers? I think these reviews actually make me want to see the movie more. That and their MPAA rating based on "graphic, crude and sexual humor, violent images and strong language, all involving puppets."