Tuesday, September 20, 2005

House hunting

As you may recall the fetching Mrs. Wookie and I recently moved out of our glorious apartment and in with the in-laws. I can hear the collective shudder from men across SoCal but they're actually very reasonable Democrats and I get along fine...

Oh you meant living with the in-laws. Oh that's fine too, and the fetching Mrs. Wookie and I are extremely grateful to them for housing us and our pooch. (And a quick thanks to my parents who've been housing me while I finish up with my work transfer from LA to Riverside county. I can't say enough about being 27 and living at home again. I love that anytime anyone asks my mom "How's John?" she says he's living at home again and she gets this real disappointed "Oh." in response).

But that may soon be ending as the fetching Mrs. Wookie and I are putting in an offer on a swell pad that's 3 bed & 2.5 bath.

Let's hope the current owner likes $20K less than what she's asking for. If she does it'll be just like those commercials... "I'm in debt up to my eyeballs [especially with California's bloated home prices]. Somebody help me."