Monday, March 20, 2006

How do you spell "demise"

In the NCAA Tourney you spell it with UNC, OSU, and KU. Together those teams turned a perfectly good bracket into a pool of bloody death. My bracket seriously looks like a MASH unit rolled through. And in the Washington DC region of my bracket I think I made 5 correct picks total between the 1st and 2nd round, two of which were UConn. I've lost 7 Sweet 16 teams, and 3 Elite 8 teams.

The only ray of hope in the absolute disaster that is my Tourney bracket is that I've still got all 4 Final 4 teams still alive... Duke, Gonzaga, UConn, and Boston College. So the crazy thing is I've got a shot at winning my family's pool. Cash money is on the line... as well as the family trophy.

And public shaming is a possibility. The winner of the pool gets the trophy and the family member who was the worst at picking the winners in the Tourney has their name put on the bottom of the trophy in an effort to mock the losers.

The big games will be Gonzaga's. If they make it to the Final Four as I've picked them to, I should win the tourney. Of course Duke still has to win it all. Zags to the Final Four and Duke winning the whole she-bang ought to cinch it for me.