Thursday, July 13, 2006

And now everyone's favorite weekly post... Hot Wing Conspiracy Fantasy Baseball!

Yea!

And double yea because last week I actually got to pound Repubs Lost in SD after some rather miserable totals in the previous weeks. GOP and College has the official round up:

Wookies Will Win - 10
Repubs Lost in SD - 2

Haha, Wook...I had a better game than you! And yes, I know it's going to haunt me come playoff time. And Repubs might have lost in South Dakota, but SD's having one of the worst seasons ever. With their last win being against CZC in week 6!
Game MVP - Jermaine Dye - 5 Home Runs, 11 RBI's, 7 Runs, and a .379 average. Any Doubt?
Game Wash-Out - Prince Fielder - 1 run, 3 RBI's and 10 fans that week, with a .111 average. Yuck


GOP and College's gloating about posting an 11 to my 10 aside, I'm perfectly happy with my score. Although as lopsided as the score was, Repubs put up a darn good fight. He'd have had a good shot at an overall win if he'd been matched up against most other teams in the league. Just bad luck for him this week, and good for me. It gives my first place ranking a 3 game cushion and this week's schedule helps me even more. I'm playing the 9th ranked team (Galt's still over .500 though so it's certainly not a gimme) and the other top ranked teams are all playing each other: #2 vs. #3, #4 vs. #5, and #6 vs. #7. Tough matchups around the league this shortened week; there's only a few games today and full slate for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to make up week 15's matchups.

If your reeeeaaaally bored, check out previous Hot Wing Conspiracy round ups...
Week 13 Recap
Week 12 Recap
Week 11 Recap
Week 10 Recap
Week 9 Recap
Week 8 Recap
Week 7 Recap
Week 6 Recap
Week 5 Recap
Week 4 Recap
Week 3 Recap
Week 2 Recap
Week 1 Recap
Intro to HWC Baseball