Monday, October 18, 2004

Kerry: unfit for command

I've long since known that it would be a cold day in hell before I even considered voting for John Kerry. But apparently, it's taken some a bit longer to see the light than others, and that's fine. Newcomers are always welcome (resist the power of the dark side my young jedi!!). Shot in the Dark has posted his reasons which share many similarities to my own, and Mitch doesn't mince words:

"But I can honestly say I have never, ever felt for even a moment that John Kerry was qualified to lead the United States. His record in the eighties was that of the opportunistic, commie-coddling appeaser; we have evidence that, under pressure, he's not only not a leader - he is, in fact, a craven, dithering simp..."

(Don't hold anything back there, Mitch) He also quotes two or my favorite editorialists PJ O'Rourke and the money quote from Mark Steyn:

"If some gal in your building is working as a prostitute, that's a nuisance -- condoms in the elevator, johns in the lobby; if Islamists seize the schoolhouse and kill your kids, even if it only happens once every couple of years, ''nuisance'' doesn't quite cover it."

Amen. Don't give into your anger, young jedi, the dark side shall not prevail!