Thursday, November 11, 2004

Hug a veteran today

Being Veterans' Day today, it is only appropriate that we all take a moment to thank the nearest veteran for providing the blanket of freedom that we all so peacefully enjoy. They are literally on the front lines defending democracy from the tyranny of evil. This is my personal, heartfelt "thank you" to all the men and women in the armed forces who are risking their lives for me and my family. God bless you all, and may God bring you all home quickly, safely, and victorious.

On a lighter note, I know I'm a little late with this since Halloween was two weeks ago, but there's a connection, I swear. Whenever I can, the fetching Mrs. Wookie and I return to my parent's home for Halloween. The neighborhood goes absolutely nuts with decorations and kids from all over LA are literally bussed into the area. The see thousands of trick-or-treaters in just a few hours. The candy handout policy for the evening (since everyone at the party took turns) was "kids dressed as soldiers get extra." (see I told you there was a connection). That and their neighbor is currently a marine stationed in Iraq. Whenever they get mail from him they forward it to me, so I do get real, occassional posts from the front. I'll keep you up to date.