Monday, October 03, 2005

Harriet who?

Can't say I was anything other than beffudled when I saw Dubya on TV with this strange lady I'd never seen before. Lot's of reporters, microphones, and flashbulbs. I thought he was giving her some sort of award. And when I found out she was his new Supreme Court nominee, I must have looked as confused as Democrat at a gun show.

(ba-dum-ch)

So naturally my initial reaction was suspicious, even more so when Senators Harry Reid and Charles Schumer came out with "she's great" and "she's not half bad" statements. Hugh of course thinks everything is hunky-dorey, and he's got a good track record with these kind of rpedictions.

So it all comes down to one simple question: How much do you trust Bush?

UPDATE: If you're looking for her references (or yours just in case she doesn't make it throught the Senate and apparently anyone can be a Supreme Court Justice) check out Iowahawk's job application for a wannabe justice.