Thursday, October 06, 2005

Looks like Homeland Security thinks I'm a threat

At least that's what my mortgage broker told me.

Since the fetching Mrs. Wookie and I broke our lease a month ago and have been staying with family, we are esentially homeless. Due to the temporary nomadic lifestyle we've chosen, we rented a P.O. Box from a Mail Boxes, Etc. type place for the glut of mail we get.

Without a current home mailing address, the mortgage broker says they're having trouble clearing me through Patriot Act regulations.

Too bad they're not racially profiling because then they'd recognize that my skin-so-white-that-it's-actually-reflective color (at least that's according to the fetching Mrs. Wookie. She insists I need a tan) and I'm not of any terrorist descent.

Think the ACLU will take my lawsuit if we can't buy this house?