Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Taylor was on fire last night!

It's been a while since I've done an American Idol post, and as a fan of Queen's music, I was curious to see who could take classic songs and make them special... make them their own.

Ace and Bucky were pretty close to awful. Ace really can't rock... I think it's a physical impossibility, and since We Will Rock You" is a rock anthem, you'd better be able to rock it out. Didn't happen. Pickler and Katherine did well; their song choices showcased their talents. Chris rocked out as usual, although it was an unusual song, one I'd never heard before... Elliot did a good job with one of my favorite Queen songs, "Somebody to Love" and I was kind of rooting against him. I'm not really a fan of his. Paris was kinda weird; it felt like a car wreck... singing it ok, but the performace was strange.

And then there's Taylor who absolutely killed it. I'm soooo glad he changed songs from We Are the Champions" to "Crazy Little Thing Called Love." During clip they played of Taylor with Queen, Taylor singing "Champions" sounded horrible. "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" was perfect for him... kinda Elvis, blue style which is Taylor to the tee. And he sang it perfectly, performed excellently. He rocked.

Go Taylor!