Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Fantasy Baseball weekly recap

Fmragtops Spews has this week's Hot Wing Conspiracy round up for those who are so inclined.

My Wookies were once again victorious, but they kept me guessing most of the week. FM summed it up this way

A pretty good match up. The Bombers took the Offensive and Pitching K stat, SV, and HLD. The Wookies took the rest. You can’t stop wookies, you can only hope to contain them. C’mon Fmragtops Spews readers, help me put the gris-gris on Pujols so he’ll blow his knee out while getting out of the bathtub or something.

MVP= Who else? Pujols. With 7 R, 3 HR, 6 RBI, and 0 K for the week, Pujols keeps propelling the Wookies to win after win.

Dud= Nobody really played that poorly for the Bombers. Schilling had a 7.94 ERA, but still got a W. I guess that’s the worst performance.


My pitching was pretty poor to start the week. Schilling and Clement each got me wins but with an ERA close to 5.00. My batters weren't doing to hot to begin with either. Chipper Jones finished the week with 10 RBIs but he got all those in the first 3 days of the week, keeping me afloat against the Bombers. I was actually losing going into the weekend, but 2 HRs from Pujols and Delgado apiece and 11 combined innings with a 0.00 ERA and 2 wins Sunday saved my ass.

Pujols was an obvious MVP pick, but I give it to Chipper who had 1 HR, 10 RBIs, 6 runs, and 1 SB all while batting .346 for the week.

This week I'm up against RFTR and though he's got a record below .500, he's got a good lineup and has started the week on fire. Should be another tough battle...