Thursday, August 10, 2006

Playing catch up after a week in paradise

Man I go away for a week and I miss a ton of crap!

Ned Lamont beat good ol' Joe Lieberman. That sound you hear is the Democratic party washing their hands of any idea that doesn't conform to the party line. Now I know Joe's said he'll run as an independent, but I think we ought to break out the big guns so we can spank Lamont and the Krazy Kos Kidz who have breathed life into the man... Jack Bauer. Sure we've already got him running in New York, but he's Jack Bauer! Are you gonna tell him he can't hold 2 seats in the Senate?

al Reuters went and decided that the Israeli-Hezbollebanon war wasn't gruesome enough so they had to photoshop and stage some photos to make Israel look like a monster. They added smoke to city photos, used the same wreckages for different days labelling them different attacks, used the same poor homeowner who apparently lost her home twice on two separate days, and some find it amazing how childrens toys are always prominently displayed in their photos. HotAir has two posts on it and LGF was instrumental in breaking the story.

Cynthia McKinney played the race card a few too many times and lost her seat in Congress. As the picture says, McKinney is nuts. Adios Cynthia! Bon voyage and don't let the door hit you on the way out. And can we give the security guard who stopped her a raise?

Apparently, Fidel Castro isn't feeling to well at the moment. I'd say he's on his death bed, but I don't want to jinx it. All I can say is I'm looking forward to the day we don't have to smuggle a good cigar into this country...

And perhaps, most importantly of all... I won last weeks fantasy baseball matchup, and I didn't even check it at all. Sweet!

Akhtar the Divorcee: 3
Wookies Will Win: 8
And the Wookies did win, completing Akhtar's (my) fall from the top half of the league. I had been a solid club all year, but the past few weeks have not been good. This week is was the pitching that specifically won the match for the Wookie. Wookies won that category 5 - 1. Batting went 3 - 2 - 1 to the Wookies.
MVP - Casey Blake of the Wookies. 4 HR, 9 RBI, 6 Runs, and .467 BA. Nice.
Goat of the Week - Either Beckett or Suppan, for me. Both had ERA's over 10. Good work, guys.


That's a great team right there... that can still execute even while the manager is on vacation...