Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Harry Reid: "My mind is lost. No... wait... I mean the Iraq war is lost. maybe"

I was originally going to title this post Harry Reid is a moron, but since I gave that headline to Rosie O'Donnell not too long ago I wanted to do something different. And to be honest, I could use that headline above just about any Democrat's comments.

The war in Iraq "is lost" and a US troop surge is failing to bring peace to the country, the leader of the Democratic majority in the US Congress, Harry Reid, said Thursday.

"I believe ... that this war is lost, and this surge is not accomplishing anything, as is shown by the extreme violence in Iraq this week," Reid told journalists.

Reid said he had delivered the same message to US President George W. Bush on Wednesday, when the US president met with senior lawmakers to discuss how to end a standoff over an emergency war funding bill.

"I know I was the odd guy out at the White House, but I told him at least what he needed to hear ... I believe the war at this stage can only be won diplomatically, politically and economically."


Whoa talk about a shirt trial period for the surge. They only voted and approved the surge on January 10th and he's already declaring it a failure!! Damn. Tough town. Well, either that or Harry is trying to make a loss in Iraq a reality. Because if he says it long enough and loud enough someone might actually start paying attention to the drivel that comes out of his mouth...

Labels: , ,