Thursday, December 08, 2005

Bunko

I actually meant to post this yesterday, but didn't get around to it. Tuesday night the fetching Mrs. Wookie had a dozen female friends over to play a game: bunko. It's a big dice game that involves a lot of shouting and screaming... for the women only. No guys allowed. It's kind of the female version of Poker night.

Anyway, this group of ladies rotate who hosts the party, and last night was the fetching Mrs. Wookie's turn. I locked myself upstairs with 2 Netflix DVDs (We Were Soldiers and Anchorman) I hadn't gotten around to watching yet coming out only for sustenance (jalapeƱo poppers and beer). Didn't get to Anchorman (no I haven't seen it yet), but I really enjoyed We Were Soldiers. A good war flick, and I felt it managed to keep politics out of the film.

But I had to constantly play with the volume and rewind stuff cause damn those bunko crazy ladies get loud.